Sunday, April 7, 2013

Standing Out in the Crowd: April 7, 2013

In 2005 I invited a very talented artist from Australia to Atlanta to participate in the Atlantis Music Conference.  During the time that she was here, we went to visit the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in Macon, Georgia. There was a lot of interesting memorabilia and many interesting displays.  One that caught my attention was a case full of guitars.  Visually I was struck by the beauty of the instruments and the patterns they created.  I loved the different textures as well as the intricate combination of wood and steel.  But what really caught my attention was the red guitar in the middle.  I immediately associated the guitars with people.  Each guitar had its own unique features, colors and textures, yet they all worked the same way to produce music, but only when they were carefully tuned and placed in the right hands.  And then there was the red one.  We all know a red guitar or two; those people who shine and stand out in the crowd no matter who's around them.  In fact, I was with a red guitar.  I looked at her and smiled, and moved to the next display.     

No comments:

Post a Comment