Sunday, March 24, 2013

The End of the Tracks: March 24, 2013

Yesterday I was looking for a specific photo to send to a friend who wanted to use it for a product label. I knew I was in the right folder but I just kept hitting the right arrow button over and over again looking for the photo.  I quickly scrolled past these train tracks without paying much attention.  Although it wasn't the one I was looking for, I had to scroll back and take a second look.  As my eyes naturally flowed to the end of the tracks, I flashed back to the day several years ago when I took this photo.  I remember standing there on the bridge wondering what lied up ahead, beyond the trees.  Was there another bridge, a river, a mountain, a barrier, a small town?  As I stood there, an elderly man came walking by me.  He seemed friendly and I asked him if he knew what was up ahead.  He said he didn't, but suggested that I go see for myself, which I was curious enough to do.  When I got to the end of the bridge I climbed down the rocky hillside and started walking down the tracks.  As I  walked, I soon realized that I couldn't find the "end" that I'd seen from the bridge.  Just more tracks, more trees, and an old man standing on the bridge watching me learn that the end was not in sight.


1 comment:

  1. Stunning example of walking by faith. Your journey was the important part - the tracks the trees - the feeling of the sun on your face as you enjoyed nature around you....capturing the moment... absorbing LIFE. Your destination becomes less important than the experience of getting there.

    ReplyDelete