Sunday, November 4, 2012

Photo of the Week: November 4, 2012



One of my favorite places to visit when I want to connect with nature is Arabia Mountain in Lithonia, Georgia.  It is incredibly beautiful and serene.  I’ve watched many sunsets from the mountain but, until recently, had not enjoyed a sunrise.  A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to experience a sunrise from my secret getaway.  I looked up the sunrise time and set off into the crisp morning darkness.  The mountain was beautiful as usual, though I had never seen it at that time of day.  As I explored the mountain, I watched the sky slowly brighten as sunrise approached.  Then at 7:47 the first sliver of the sun emerged from the horizon.  For the next two minutes, I watched in awe as the perfectly round orange ball of fire made its morning debut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment