Sunday, November 18, 2012

Photo of the Week: November 18, 2012


I never thought I’d miss snow.  Growing up in Maryland, there was no greater feeling than being able to stay home from school because of a snow day.  When snow was expected overnight, I’d wake up in the middle of the night and walk over to my bedroom window to see if any had actually fallen.  If it hadn’t, I’d do my homework that I thought should have done earlier.  But as an adult, winter weather has completely different implications.  Who among us wants to get out and drive in that stuff?  I quickly learned that in Atlanta and other parts of the South, they don’t get out and drive in it because everything shuts down.  Sometimes the shutdown is based on the forecast alone!  After experiencing a few southern snow “storms” I can certainly understand why.  One of those “storms” in 2010 made me realize what I miss about the snow.  I don’t actually miss the snow.  What I miss is the incredible artwork that it creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment