Sunday, September 30, 2012

Photo of the Day: September 30, 2012

For as long as I can remember I have always loved music.  When I was in middle school my uncle gave me his old trumpet and I joined the school band.  I loved learning to play my trumpet.  That trumpet was battered and bruised, and the mustard-colored case was literally falling apart.  Even so, I carried it with pride.  After I learned to read music, I used to go to my room to record songs on my mini boom box with a built-in cassette recorder.  I would then painstakingly score the music so I could play it back on my trumpet.  The truth is that I as a very solid trumpet player, but I didn't really have the "it" factor, so I gave up the trumpet to pursue other interests.  That didn't stop me from listening to, taping, or even buying music.  In fact, when I got my first check in 10th grade from my part-time job, I spent almost all of it on albums (which I still have, by the way).  Even though I didn't continue as a musician, I still manage to stay closely connected to the world of music.  I love the artistry and the passion that musicians display on stage.  Although I am no longer on the stage, there's nothing to prevent me from capturing the artistry of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment